Struggling with obesity, heart disease, digestive disorders, or hormone imbalance? You may need to reduce inflammation, alkalize your body, eliminate toxins, and lower blood sugar. In order to achieve it you may need to:
- Replace the BAD fats with the GOOD fats
Eating bad fats is one of the main causes of inflammation in the body. Bad fats include hydrogenated oils, trans fats, soybean oil, canola oil and vegetable oils. They induce diseases like heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, and chronic fatigue. Good fats like coconut and olive oil, nuts and seeds, help the body to produce hormones, prevent cancer, develop the brain, and reduce inflammation.
- Choose lean, grass-fed, free range meats
To avoid cancers, neurological disorders and chronic illness, always choose lean, grass-fed, range meats. Animals are often fed with grains, filled with antibiotics and hormones, so be careful with what kind of meats you eat.
- Forget about all refined sugars and grains
Refined sugars and grains can increase sugar levels in the blood, which leads to an increase in insulin levels and causes degenerative diseases like type II diabetes, and cancer, and premature aging.
So, exclude bad fats and refined sugars, and include the healing foods from the next list to your daily diet and feel the difference. This health transformation will not only make you feel better but it will help you prevent diseases like obesity, diabetes, heart disease, digestive disorders, cancer, among others.
List of healing foods:
- Nuts and seeds: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, cashews, macadamia nuts, walnuts, hempseeds, and chia seeds.
- Fats and oils: Coconut oil, olive oil, olives, avocado oil, and ghee.
- Legumes: chick peas, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, and lentils.
- Meats: cage free eggs, wild caught fish, chicken, turkey, beef, and lamb.
- Fruits: strawberries or any kind of berries, cherries, lemon, lime, melon, oranges, and pineapple.
- Vegetables: artichokes, asparagus, bell peppers, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, collard greens, cucumber, eggplant, garlic, ginger root, grasses, lettuce, heart of palm, kale, mushrooms, onions, parsley, pumpkin, radishes, spinach, sprouts, sea vegetables, zucchini.
- Edulcorantes: pure stevia, real maple syrup, and xylitol.
- Beverages: purified water, natural sparkling water, fermented drinks and herbal teas.
- Condiments: sea salt, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, guacamole, mustard, cocoa and herbs and spices like cinnamon, turmeric, rosemary, among others.
Dr. Axe (2017) The Healing Foods Diet. Retrieved from: https://draxe.com/healing-diet